desk sputter carbon coater (DSCT)
Sample preparation using sputter coating is the recognised method for non-conductive and low conductive specimens or samples, this system is also suitable for optical coatings.
Vac Techniche DSCT has been developed to exceed the requirements for SEM/TEM sample preparation.
The compact and easy to use sputter coater, with onboard Turbomolecular Pumping
Use supplied backing vacuum pump or your own, all controlled with the processor controller.
The Vac Techniche Desktop turbo pumped Sputter Coater enables thin-film sputter coating of noble metals: gold (Au), palladium (Pd), platinum (Pt) and gold/palladium (Au/Pd) on non-conductive or poorly conductive samples or devices.
Our board processor integration makes the Desktop Sputter coater an ideal laboratory and research tool for scanning electron microscopy (SEM) and Transmission electron microscopy analysis(TEM).
One of the benefits of our desk sputter carbon coater (DSCT) design is the rapid pump-down time making it a production tool in addition to a research instrument, for applications such as optical coatings.
Repeatable results, when used in Automatic mode for Thin films, are deposition.
Carbon coating attachment
desk sputter carbon coater (DSCT) has the Carbon Fibre Coating attachment, ideal for SEM/TEM preparation, using the separate attachment keeping the Carbon coating from contaminating the sputtering head and vice versa.
Carbon Rod evaporation is also available on request.
- Control Panel: 7” touch screen, programming, handling, parameters illustration
- Single Straight Magnetron Cathode: Suitable for 2” Targets,
- Carbon fibre head easily changeable for carbon fibre evaporation.
- High current pulsed power supply for carbon evaporation (24V-100A)
- Film Thickness Monitor: Program ability and 1nm precession Thermocouple Gauge: Show 0.001-1 mbar
- Vacuum Chamber: Pyrex cylinder chamber 300 mm OD x h200 mm, Thick 7mm
- DC Power Supply 0-100 mA for sputtering
- Sample Holder: Motorised sample holder
- Electronic leak valve: 1 MFC: 0-100 cm for Argon and reactive gas.
- Shutter: Electronic shutter
- Main Body: Metallic-cubic-30*50*50 cm
- Turbo Pump: 90 l/s (Leybold)
- Backing Pump: 4m/h two-stage rotary pump
- Vacuum Gauge: Combination of Pirani and Penning (Leybold)
- Vent valve: ¼” electrical
- Packaging: Wheeled box
- 24-month warranty on all parts expect pumps
- 12-month warranty on Leybold parts